Skip to main content

Recognition of foreign higher education (Bachelor, Master and PhD)

For those who will apply for recognition of foreign higher education (bachelor's, master's and PhD degrees).

About the recognition

You can apply for this recognition if you have higher education from abroad (outside of Norway).

Documentation requirements

If you upload all the required documents when you apply, we can start processing your application earlier and you will receive our decision faster.

How to apply

To apply for recognition, it is necessary submit your application digitally through our application portal. We recommend you apply from PC/Mac and not from your mobile phone.

After you have applied

How your case is processed and when you will receive a decision.

Regulated professions

Below is an overview of professions regulated by the Professional Qualifications Directive (2005/36/EU). If you wish to work in one of these professions, you need authorisation/recognition of your professional qualifications.