NORPARTProgramme/grant scheme • Number of grants: 0
Norwegian Partnership Programme for Global Academic Cooperation (NORPART) supports long-term academic collaboration and mutual student mobility between higher education institutions in Norway and selected partner countries in the Global South.
NORPART is a flexible policy instrument for institutional collaboration with a long-term perspective. The overall goal of the program is to enhance the quality of Norwegian higher education and partner institutions in the Global South through academic cooperation and student mobility.
NORPART was established in 2016 and has been developed based on experiences from other schemes supporting institutional collaboration and mobility in higher education.
In accordance with the National Budget for 2024 NORPART will continue, and a new call for applications will be announced during spring 2024.
How the grant is administered
The NORPART programme is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is administered by The Directorate for Higher Education and Skills (HK-dir).
The purpose of NORPART is to contribute towards enhancing the quality of higher education in Norway and selected partner countries, through academic cooperation and mutual student mobility.
- Enhanced quality of higher education in Norway and in the partner countries
- Qualified candidates with knowledge and skills relevant for the employment market, who can contribute to solving local and global challenges.
To reach overall purpose and desired impact of the NORPART, the programme shall fulfil four objectives:
- Strengthened partnerships for education and research between partner countries and Norway.
- Increased quality and internationalisation of academic programmes at participating institutions.
- Increased mobility of students from the partner countries to Norway, including mobility in connection with work placements.
- Increased mobility of students from Norway to partner countries including mobility in connection with work placements.
- Higher education institutions in Norway and the partner countries.
- Master’s and PhD students in Norway and in the partner countries.
for more information on the background and framework of the programme.
Who can apply?
- The applicant must be an accredited Norwegian higher education institution
- The application must include at least one partner that is an accredited higher education institution in one of the NORPART partner countries
NORPART partner countries
- Burkina Faso
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- East Timor
- South Africa (HDIs)
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka