Norwegian Artistic Research School: Seminar 5
The seminar is about the final phase of artistic research project, and the identification and sharing of the contributions to the field. Based on the research fellows’ projects, various forms of contributions are discussed, as well as different formats for final presentations, documentation and the archiving of artistic results and reflection.
About the event
Who can attend?
Research fellows participating in the Norwegian Artistic Research School. Seminar 1 must be completed to qualify for participation in seminar 5. We also recommend that you attend seminars 2-4 before seminar 5.
- This is an in-person event in Oslo, online participation is not possible.
- Each participant must book and pay for their own travel to Oslo.
- Registration for the seminar is done through your institution.
- Seminar 5 is offered yearly, the next opportunity to attend the seminar is in 2025.
The seminar takes place atin Oslo.
Costs per day is NOK 3050 including meeting facilities, lunch, dinner, single room accommodation and breakfast. The cost for day guests including meeting facilities and lunch is NOK 925 per day.
The participants can choose if they would like accommodation at the hotel or not. HK-dir will book the hotel for all participants. Each participant must pay for own hotel costs.
On completion of the seminar, the fellow:
- can contribute to the discourse on artistic research
- can work on complex questions, and challenge established discourses and practices in the field
- can share artistic research in relevant national and international contexts
- can identify and discuss the project’s contribution to the field
- can discuss appropriate forms of presentation and sharing
- is familiar with procedures for registering for final assessment and the assessment committee’s work
Work and teaching methods
Seminar with preparatory assignments, lectures, presentations in varied formats, plenary discussions and discussions in groups. The assignments and a supplementary reading list will be shared with the participants at least one months before the seminar.
The seminar program will soon be published.