Norwegian Artistic Research School: Seminar 4
The seminar is about relationships in artistic research.
About the event
Based on the research fellows’ research projects, endeavours are made to map relations and how they influence artistic processes and results in the different phases of projects. Experience is shared by leading and carrying out complex artistic projects.
Who can attend?
Research fellows participating in the Norwegian Artistic Research School. Seminar 1 must be completed to qualify for participation in seminar 4. Third semester is recommended.
- can formulate research questions and plan the artistic research, with the focus on artistic processes and results
- can work on complex questions, and challenge established discourses and practices in the field
Work and teaching methods
- Seminar with preparatory assignments, lectures, presentations in varied formats, plenary discussions and discussions in groups. Group work sessions led by the research fellows themselves.
- Research fellows must have read the literature on the mandatory reading list and prepared a text and presentation in a relevant format. During the seminar, research fellows must give a presentation and play an active part in the discussion of other research fellows’ projects.
- Scope: A total workload of 75–90 hours, corresponding to 3 credits.
- The seminar is an in-person event in Bergen. Online participation is not possible.
- The venue of the seminar is in the centre of Bergen.
- Each participant must book and pay for their own travel and stay in Bergen.
All fellows should be familiar with the regulations for their home institution, or the Norwegian Artistic Research Programme (for those who are not part of a Ph.D. Programme):